Natural Skin Care Recipes
Your skin is a true measure of your health. Glowing, clear and beautiful skin can be derived from natural skin care ingredients from the earth. Mother nature has given us many herbs, oils and foods that not only nourish our insides, but also hydrate, moisturize and beautify us on the outside.
Natural remedies for skin care have been used for centuries to effectively treat and cure many skin problems and to slow down the aging process. Many people don't realize the wonders of natural skin care ingredients, as they can be found in your kitchen or nearest supermarket.
Your skin says everything about you. Whether it's glowing and healthy or pale, oily or dry, you skin says a lot about your physical and emotional state. Your skin is the largest body organ, both by surface area and weight. In adults, it accounts for 16% of total body weight.
Eating the freshest foods and using the most natural ingredients as part of your daily skin care routine is the best way to attain youthful, radiant skin.
Preparing your own natural beauty products from scratch, is the best you can do for skin, without having to pay the price. You're also avoiding all the toxic chemicals and fragrances that have a negative affect to your hormones. Treating and pampering your skin with face masks, exfoliants, body polishes, lotions and wrinkle fighters with benefit both your skin and your spirits.
Here are 2 natural face mask treatments to beautify your skin and provide nutrients that your skin will love. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Face Mask
Pumpkin seeds contain many beauty boosting properties. In China, they are seen as a symbol of health, rebirth and fruitfulness. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and healthy fats. With a high level of omega-3 and omega-6 fats, pumpkin seeds keep your skin soft, elastic and help prevent dehydration, leaving you with beautiful glowing skin.
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 4 pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp finely ground oats
- 1 tbsp finely ground almonds
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 drops rose geranium essential oil
- 1 drop rose essential oil
- Slice pumpkin into 6-8 pieces and remove skin.
- Place the pieces, including seeds and strings in a microwave safe dish with 1/4 cup of water.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, or until the flesh is soft, then allow to cool.
- Cut the pumpkin peel from around the flesh, and discard it.
- Place the pumpkin flesh, seeds, and strings into a small food processor adding the pineapple chunks, and blend for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Add the oats, almonds, milk, honey and essential oils, blending for a short time after each one.
- The texture should be rich and smooth, but slightly grainy from the almonds.
- Apply a generous layer to clean face and neck.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse well with warm water and apply moisturizer.
Artichokes contain good sources of vitamins and minerals, which are exactly what your skin craves. Vitamin A and C, fiber, magnesium, biotin, niacin and other trace minerals provide valuable health benefits to your body. They also have been known to prevent heart disease, constipation and cholesterol, as well as protect your liver and enhance detoxification reactions.
This wonderful artichoke facial mask will condition and beautify any dry or damaged skin, by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness. Your skin will absorb the tremendous nutrients leaving you with soft glowing skin. You can also include artichokes in your diet for added health benefits.
- 1 fresh artichoke heart, well cooked, or canned in water, not oil
- 2 tsp olive oil (avocado or canola oil can also be used)
- 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- In a ceramic bowl, mash the artichoke heart.
- Mix in the oil and lemon juice or vinegar.
- Stir well until a smooth paste is formed.
- Massage a generous layer on your face and neck.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water, and pat dry.
- Facial Yoga Massage for Youthful Skin Video
- VIDEO - Facial yoga is great to release tension and relax your facial muscles. Here is a video of some facial yoga exercises to increase blood flow to your face, while smoothening and toning your skin to make you look younger.
- 7 Yoga Poses for Glowing Skin Video
- VIDEO - Practicing yoga on a regular basis can help you look more youthful, vibrant and beautiful throughout your whole life. Here are 7 yoga postures to stimulate blood circulation, which is essential for healthy looking skin.
- See more tagged in health.
- Deodorants - Protection or a Health Hazard?!
- Love your Skin with Rich and Raw Oils
- Hands - A Sign of Good Grooming
- 10 Healthy Summer Cleanse Foods
- How to Stay Young through Yoga
- Natural Ways to Prevent Wrinkles
- Anti-aging Secrets of Facial Yoga
- Enhance your Beauty with Yoga
- 6 Yoga Poses to Look Younger
- 7 Foods to Improve Your Mood
- Natural Indian beauty Secrets
- Beauty Secrets for the Eyes
- Skin Care for Cold Weather
- Trace Minerals from the Sea
- What's Toxic in your Home?
- Headache - Get Relief Now
- Yoga and Staying Young
- 6 Foods for Glowing Skin
- Back to Basics Skin Care
- Yoga for Healthy Hair
- 101 Beauty Quotes
- 101 Health Quotes
- 101 Karma Quotes
- Food for the Brain
- Vibration of Food
- Epsom Salt Bath
- Colour Healing
|Tweet this||Share on Facebook|