Eternal Youth: Look younger with 6 Yoga Poses
Want to have beautiful, glowing, healthy looking skin? Yoga is the answer. It's the natural solution to being a natural beauty with added benefits. Yoga increases resistance to diseases, removes toxins from your body, (twist poses) increases vitality, and provides elasticity and flexibility to the spine. It also corrects poor posture, (no more back pain).
A study done in 2007 found that participants who practiced yoga for six months had significantly higher antioxidant levels in their blood compared to those who didn't practice yoga. Goji Berries contain high levels of antioxidants and motivate regeneration of muscle tissue and cells. They also assist in weight loss. Consuming these berries can prevent aging and prolong your life.
While you're in a deep sleep 80% of your growth hormones are produced. These hormones heal and repair your body, which can slow the aging process. If you want better sleep, incorporate yoga into your daily life, as it is a strenuous exercise which works every muscle in the body. There are some poses that are energizing, and some that are relaxing. if you want to sleep better, you should do energizing poses in the morning (Sun Salutations) and relaxing poses at night (calming poses and meditations).
Yoga poses activate and stimulate the seven key chakras that in turn stimulate all the glands of the endocrine system. The endocrine system is responsible for the body's overall functioning and aging process.
If you want to have wrinkle free skin, yoga helps to improve circulation, which helps smooth your skin. You can achieve this by practicing for at least 20-30 minutes of yoga. You will notice a difference in the way you feel and look right away. You will feel amazing.
Applying Aloe Vera gel on your skin can keep it moisturized and smooth, as it was Cleopatra's beauty secret.
Here are 6 yoga poses to bring back your youthful essence: headstand, warrior I, seated twists, fish pose, floor bow pose and child's pose.
Being upside down in Headstand reverses the effects of gravity. Inversions are the best way to enhances facial radiance and plump the skin and fill in sags and bags. This pose helps increase circulation. It sends all your blood to your brain, which brings nourishment at the deepest levels. The whole brain is energized, washed clean and flooded with rich nutrients.
It eliminates toxin causing substances and nourishes cells in the face, muscles and skin. Therefore making you look younger.
It also helps prevent gray hair, by keeping your natural hair pigments in place.
It stimulates your endocrine system that controls the chemical balance of the body. Shoulderstand strengthens the nervous system and emotions by stimulating the thyroid, which regulates your metabolism. This helps you stay slim.
It improves digestion and helps you sleep.
It strengthens the core, calms the mind and gives your heart a break. To benefit from this pose to the fullest, you need to stay in it for at least 3-5 minutes.
Being upside does wonders for your whole body, inside and out. You will notice the way you feel after trying an inversion immediately. You will love the benefits of this yoga pose.
Steps for Headstand
(You can do this pose against a wall)
- Place your forearms with your fingers interlocked and elbows in front of knees on the mat.
- Place the crown of your head between the interlocked fingers. Wrap the hands around the head to make a firm support to protect your head.
- Lift the knees and buttocks off the floor and straighten the legs.
- Slowly walk the feet as close as possible to the head. Transfer your body weight from the toes on the head and arms, maintaining balance.
- Raise one leg at a time, to reach the wall.
- Slowly straighten the whole body, as it should be in one straight line, with your feet relaxed.
- Close your eyes and relax in this pose.
- When done return to the starting position.
This pose opens up the body, letting it receive grounding earth energy. It frees up the heart, kidneys and lungs, allowing increased circulation to the face. When your heart receives more circulation, more oxygen goes to the blood cells, and, in turn it gets your skin glowing.
Warrior I gives you strength and flexibility. All lunge poses burn calories and increase bone density. Your leg muscles become strong and shapely. (A great way to have sexy legs). it relieves leg cramps, stretches the leg and back muscles, chest and lungs. It also tones the abdominal organs and stretches the groin.
Steps for Warrior I
- From a lunge turn your left foot out to a 45 degree angle, and bring your right foot forward next to the right hand.
- Sink and square hips.
- Bend the right knee, make sure knee does not pass the ankle. Keep back knee straight.
- Keep the torso upright.
- Lift arms up (either together or separate if more comfortable).
- Shoulders should remain down the back.
- Look up to the hands but make sure not to crunch the back of the neck.
- Hold the pose for five to eight long breathes, then switch the feet around so that you are facing the back of the room.
- Then do the same thing on the other side with the left foot forward.
Twists are stimulating and cleansing. A twist must be rooted and stable in order to obtain the full benefits it offers. Let your eyes twist along your spine. When focusing and stretching your eyes, it clears away toxins, tones the area around the eyes and prevents wrinkles.
This pose helps in slowing down the aging process. It is a great stretch for the neck, shoulders and eyes. and is very rejuvenating for the face. It helps to align your spine by assisting the nerve signals that conduct to and away from the brain, therefore it invigorates your thinking powers.
There are many benefits to this pose. Your breath is massaging all your internal organs. As you twist, you're detoxifying and squeezing your internal organs. When you release the pose, your organs become flooded with nutrients, and toxins are released. Great for digestion.
Twists are great for your spine. It lengthens and strengthens your back muscles. It releases tension, improves circulation and energy flow. It Opens the rib cage and your heart chakra.
It is important to hold Seated Twist for 6-10 breaths to benefit the most.
Steps for Seated Twist
- Start with both legs extended.
- Bend the right knee and cross you foot over your left leg.
- Keep the left leg strong with the foot flexed.
- Twist your body over the right leg looking over your right shoulder.
- Reach the back arm towards the back floor.
- Lift and open your rib cage.
- Repeat on the other side.
This pose has many benefits. It tones the muscles in your face and throat, thereby giving your face and throat a great stretch. It's definately a way to have firm smooth skin.
It normalizes the function of the thyroid, pituitary, pineal, and adrenal glands. This helps control the hormone function in your body; therefore leading to improved skin conditions.
Fish Pose stretches the neck, tones the nervous system, kidneys, stomach and intestines. It provides extra oxygen into your lungs. (Good for people with asthma). Its a great pose to open up the lungs, heart, back and abdomen. As well as stretching the muscles and ligaments of the spine. This pose definitely improves your posture.
Steps for Fish Pose
- Lie on your back with your legs in lotus position (or cross legged).
- Arch your back as much as you can while raising your head off the ground while pushing into your elbows.
- Rest the crown of your head on the floor.
- Use your forearms and elbows to support you.
- Expand your chest, breathe deeply into your abdomen.
- To come out of the pose, push into your elbows, lift your head off the mat, and come into a lying down position.
Floor Bow Pose
Is a terrific pose to help maintain eternal youth. The rocking back and forth movement gives your abdominal muscles a massages which also activates your digestive system, and fights constipation.
You will instantly feel how this pose opens up your rib cage, and allows your lungs to expand fully, therefore bringing in more oxygen.
Bow Pose develops strength and flexibility of your entire spine and body. It increases blood flow into the spine. Feeding the nerves. It's an energizing pose, very calming, and keeps your body alert and clear.
- Bow Pose Video
- VIDEO - Bow Pose is the ultimate pose for overall body flexibility. It also helps with weight loss and is a great pose for your back and abs. Be sure to practice daily for best results.
Steps for Bow Pose
- Grab both feet just under toes from outside of foot.
- Kick legs up, (legs no wider than 8 inches apart) Check that both feet are the same height, thighs are parallel and shoulders are even.
- Balance on your stomach.
- Look forward and up. Face is parallel to the front wall.
- Release and look to the right.
This is a great posture for erasing wrinkles from the face. Your head is lower then you heart, therefore you receive more circulation to the face. You are also in the shape of a baby and your spine is in a natural curve like a fetus.
Being in Child's Pose for 15 minutes is equal to sleeping for 1 hour. It keeps your skin soft, and boosts immunity. In this pose, you stretch the low back, massage and tone the abdominal organs, and stimulate digestion and elimination.
This pose is especially enjoyable after a challenging pose.
Steps for Child's Pose
- Knees are at least hip width apart.
- Rest your front ribs on the tops of your thighs.
- Forehead is on the floor. Heels are apart, big toes touching.
- Arms can be down by the feet (palms facing up), or arms can be extended forward.(palms facing down).
- Press hands and feel your sitting bones on the mat.
- Hold this pose for about 10 deep breathes.
- Facial Yoga Massage for Youthful Skin Video
- VIDEO - Facial yoga is great to release tension and relax your facial muscles. Here is a video of some facial yoga exercises to make you look younger.
- 7 Yoga Poses for Glowing Skin Video
- VIDEO - Practicing yoga on a regular basis can help you look more youthful, vibrant and beautiful throughout your whole life. Here are 7 yoga postures for healthy looking skin.
- Can Yoga Enhance attraction?
- VIDEO - Have you ever noticed that most yogi's seem to have a vibrant and youthful glow? Find out how yoga can enhance your powers of attraction.
- 101 Beauty Quotes
- Yoga for Healthy Hair
- 2 Indian Beauty Secrets
- Yoga for Attractive Boobs
- Staying Young with Yoga
- 6 Foods for Glowing Skin
- Headache - Get Relief Now
- Can Yoga Make you Taller?
- 4 Beauty Secrets for the Eyes
- 7 Foods to Improve your Mood
- Enhance your Beauty with Yoga
- Anti-Aging Secrets of Facial Yoga
- How to Stay Young through Yoga
- 10 Healthy Summer Cleanse Foods
- Can Yoga Improve Your Self-Confidence?
- Can Yoga Enhance your Powers of Attraction?