Headache - Get Relief Now
Written by Jaideep Nagrath.
A headache is a pain or discomfort anywhere in the region of the head or neck and is an extremely common symptom. Headache can also be classified as a pain in the head with the pain being above the eyes or the ears, behind the head (occipital), or in the back of the upper neck. It can be a symptom of a number of different conditions of the head, brain and neck. The brain tissue itself is not sensitive to pain because it lacks pain receptors, rather, the pain is caused by disturbance of the pain-sensitive structures around the brain.
Diet to Relief Headache
Fruit diet and milk is the best diet for a patient with a headache. Take fruits and vegetable juice for the first week. Take milk additionally. Take two spoons of myrobalan juice with half a of spoon honey. After one week - take lemon juice, lemon juice with honey or myrobalan juice with honey between 6 and 7 a.m.
Take fruit juice or carrot juice at 8 a.m. Take seven to eight raisins, dry dates, figs, and almond kernels. Along with cardamom, take one glass milk boiled with ginger. Take fruit juices or fruits at 12 noon. Take salad, vegetables, green leafy vegetables, curd and chapatti.
Take fruit in the evening around 5 p.m. and fruit along with vegetable soup at 7 p.m.
At 9 pm. take two spoons of clarified butter (ghee), 7 to 8 almonds, a little bit of poppy seeds, small cardamom, three to four black peppers and grind in mixer. Add a little bit of water. Roast in a little bit of clarified butter (ghee) and boil it in 200 ml milk. Take it at bedtime. This relieves stress and helps in enjoying sound sleep.
Wake up early in the morning and go for a morning walk, then practice Yoga and pranayama as follows.
Practice Paschimottasana for two to three minutes. The duration can be increased gradually. Do it on an empty stomach and without jerks. In case of liver and spleen enlargement, swelling in intestines or appendicitis or diseases of stomach do not practice this asana. Generally, vayu related disease, diabetes, urinary disease, discharge, night pollution, indigestion, low digestive fire, constipation, arthritis, pain in the legs, etc., are relieved completely by practice of this asana. It is also a sure shot remedy for obesity, sciatica, piles, backache etc.
Dhanurasana makes the spine flexible and healthy. It prevents shifting of navel and menstrual related disorders. It strengthens the kidneys and urinary disorders. It is also beneficial in case of bed wetting.
Both men and women can do this asana. It is beneficial like Sarvangasana and helps reduce weight. It should be practiced after child delivery to reduce fat from the stomach. It prevents hernia and discomfort. It overcomes palpitation, heartbeat and other problems. It cures several diseases like loose motions, constipation, bleeding motions, intestine enlargement, stomachache, constipation, pain in legs, lung disorders, cough and other diseases.
It is beneficial for the respiratory system. It activates the lungs and overcomes diseases like cervical spondalitis, sciatica and other spinal problems. It is beneficial in case of thyroid problems and strengthens the nerves.
It makes the spine healthy and flexible and keeps the muscles disease free. It activates the thyroid gland and reduces obesity and weakness. It is beneficial in case of indigestion, low digestive fire, gastric trouble, and constipation, enlargement of liver and spleen and heart disease.
Also practice of Makarasana, Sarvangasana and Matsyasana has a positive overall impact on the body.
Kapalbhati pranayama should be practiced regularly. It overcomes all stomach related problems and headache. Shitali and Nadi shodhan pranayama are also beneficial.
The nose has a left and a right side; we use both to inhale and exhale.
Actually they are different; you would be able to feel the difference. The right side represents the sun, left side represents the moon. During a headache, try to close your right nose and use your left nose to breathe. You will feel the difference right away and in about 5 mins, your headache will be gone. (it works wonders).
If you feel tired, just reverse, close your left nose and breathe through your right nose. After a while, you will feel your mind become more refreshed.
- Right side belongs to 'hot', so it gets heated up easily.
- Left side belongs to 'cold', so it cools you down easily.
- Most females breathe with their left noses, so they get "cooled off" faster.
- Most of the guys breathe with their right noses, they get worked up.
- Did you notice the moment we wake up, which side breathes faster?
- If left is faster, you will feel tired. So, close your left nose and use your right nose for breathing, you will get refreshed quickly.
- This can be taught to kids, but it is more effective when practiced properly by adults before passing it on the kids.
- 5 Yoga Poses to Reduce Headaches Video
- VIDEO - Did you know that having bad posture and a lack of oxygen can affect your respiratory system resulting in headaches. Practicing these yoga postures daily can reduce and prevent headaches.
- See more tagged in health.
- Yoga for Migraine Headaches
- Beat the Hot Yoga Headache
- Hands - A Sign of Good Grooming
- 10 Healthy Summer Cleanse Foods
- How to Stay Young through Yoga
- 6 Yoga Poses to Look Younger
- 7 Foods To Improve Your Mood
- Natural Indian beauty Secrets
- Beauty Secrets for the Eyes
- What's Toxic in your Home?
- Trace Minerals from the Sea
- Alternate Nostril Breathing
- Best Yoga Poses for Cancer
- Yoga for Thyroid Problems
- Yoga and Staying Young
- Natural Skin Care Recipes
- Vibration of Thoughts
- Best Healing Foods
- 101 Health Quotes
- 101 Karma Quotes
- Epsom Salt Bath
- Vibration of Food
- Yoga for Insomnia
- Colour Healing