Spoil yourself in the tub... soak up in the warm water and enjoy the self-love. Add yoga to the mix, and your body will love you even more.
First thing is to make your bathtub your happy place, by setting the mood. Scented bubbles, candles, essential oils, flowers and some relaxing music. Let all your senses enjoy your personal bathtub sanctuary. I love adding a few drops of Lavender Oil into the bathtub before I get in, as the aromatic scent is very calming and soothing.
Warm water increases your body temperature, improves blood circulation and relieves any muscle tension.
As we begin, you can set an intention for your practice. This can be self-love. Be mindful of your body and enjoy this yoga sequence in the bathtub.
Neck Rolls – Kantasanchalana
- Sitting in a cross legged position, resting your arms by your sides, keeping your spine straight.
- Circle your neck slowly, taking the right ear to the right shoulder, the head back, and then the left ear to the left shoulder.
- Continue to draw circles with your head in one direction 5 times, then we repeat on the other side.
- Relax your face and shoulders.
- If there is an area of deeper tension, then move even slower.
- Enjoy releasing any tension in your neck.
Shoulder Rolls -
- Rotate your shoulders forward in circles a few times.
- Keeping your back straight and taking a few normal breaths.
- This is great for loosening up the shoulder muscles.
- Repeat the circles backwards a few times.
Seated Side Stretch - Parsva Sukhasana
- Bring your hands up over your head, reaching nice and tall, interlacing your fingers, with palms facing up. Give yourself a nice stretch for a few breaths.
- Take a stretch over to the right side, elongating your entire left side of your body. Keep your core engaged, and hold for 3 breaths.
- Now lean over to the left side, you’ll feel your entire right side body elongate. Take 3 long breaths here.
- Let’s repeat one more time on each side at your own pace.
- Then bring your arms back down into the water.
Cow Face Pose - Gomukhasana
- Bring your arms up over head, bend the elbows, dropping the left hand in back, right hand on your left elbow. Lifting through the crown, with a neutral spine.
- If you’d like to go deeper, interlace your right peace fingers with your left in back. Hold for a few breaths.
- Slowly release bringing both arms back down. Hands over head, right hand drops back, left hand on the right elbow.
- You may go deeper by interlacing your left peace fingers with your right in back. Hold for a few breaths.
- Release both arms down, and take a few moments to take a few organic movements in the shoulders.
Seated Twist - Sukhasana
- Sitting upright with your legs crossed. Inhale, lift your chest. Exhale, gently twist to your right, holding onto your right knee with your left hand, and place your right hand behind your back.
- You could also place your left hand on the side of the tub to find more length and depth to your twist. Hold for a few breaths, then release your arms back down.
- Let’s repeat on the other side. Inhale, lift your chest, exhale twist your body to your left, holding onto your left knee with your right hand, and place your left hand behind your back.
- You can use the tub for support if you like. Do what’s comfortable for you.
- Twisting poses help massage internal organs and can help relieve back pain.
Seated Forward Bend - Paschimottanasana
- Sitting nice and tall, raise your arms over your head, fold forward placing your hands on your feet, calves or thighs, where ever you feel comfortable.
- Shoulders roll down and back, chest open, pulling forward. Take a few breaths here.
- Release the pose, and take a moment to sit back on your bathtub.
Reclining Hip Opener/Thread the Needle - Supta Kapotasana
- We’re going to do thread the needle, which is a seated pigeon pose. Bending your left knee, bring the left ankle on your right knee. Interlace your fingers behind the right knee.
- As you exhale hug your legs into your chest. Keeping your left foot flexed. Take a few breaths as you feel this stretch on your outer hips.
- Let’s repeat on the other side. Right ankle comes to the left knee. Interlacing your fingers behind the left knee, exhale hug the chest.
- This pose soothes and grounds your mind.
- Do not force the stretch, go only as it's comfortable for you. With practice, you should naturally become more flexible over time.
Butterfly Pose - Baddha Konasana
- Bring the soles of your feet together, and come into a diamond shape, letting your knees fall to the sides.
- You’ll notice your knees will be supported by the sides of the tub, so just enjoy the extra support.
- Let your arms fall to the sides and relax for a few breaths, or you can bring your hands down to your feet, and give them some love. Massage the arches of your feet with your thumbs.
- Stay in this pose for a few breaths, then release your legs forward.
Corpse Pose – Savasana
- Take a few natural movements with your body if you feel the need to release any tension. Maybe do some shoulder rolls, just feel what your body needs, preparing your body for savasana.
- Stretch out your legs into savasana, as your body is comfortable.
- Close your eyes, and let your hands float at your sides. Feel the warmth of the water, and how good your body feels after this practice. Focus on your breath, taking deep inhales and exhales.
- Stay here as long as you can, in this deep relaxing bathtub meditation.
- Thank your body for practicing these poses today, an act of self-love.
Try out this beautiful bathtub self-love meditation to really focus on nourishing your whole body with love. You deserve all the love that you give so freely to others.
The more you give to yourself, the more love you have to give to others, and the more value you can add to the world.
- Bathtub Yoga
- VIDEO - Spoil yourself in the tub... soak up in the warm water and enjoy the self-love. Add yoga to the mix, and your body will love you even more.
- Bathtub Meditation
- VIDEO - A bathtub can be a lovely place to meditate, like a sanctuary for your own pleasure. Feel the movements of the water on your skin. Make your senses feel delighted and charmed by the warm water.
- Bathtub Self-Love Meditation
- VIDEO - This self-love meditation is a beautiful daily practice that nourishes your whole body with love. It's designed to take you on journey through your body, deeply listening along the way.
- Fire Up your Sacral Chakra
- VIDEO - Fire up your sacral chakra and get your creative juices flowing. This yoga sequence brings awareness to your spine, hips, and pelvis to let your juices flow naturally.
- 5 Self-Love Yoga Products
- VIDEO - You deserve self love. 5 Self-Love yoga products to focus on taking care of yourself and awaken your senses. If you love yoga why not spoil yourself a little.