Baby Yoga in Toronto
Baby yoga is an ideal bonding activity for parents and newborn children. Practicing yoga together not only fosters wellness, but also creates an opportunity for mothers to be all the more closer to their babies. Toronto is a growing yoga community, which is now offering baby yoga for mothers and newborns. It seems to the trend these days, as many positive benefits are seen.
You may have heard or even watched the viral Youtube video of baby yoga in Russia. The extreme movements and exercises may be the first thing that you imagine when we say "Baby Yoga." However, baby yoga classes are substantially less intense and are pretty safe for newborns. Baby yoga undeniably has a variety of benefits for parents and babies. If you are a mom who has experienced the benefits of pre-natal yoga, you may well wish to continue practicing this healthful discipline with your kid at a reputable yoga studio in Toronto.
We will enumerate all the reasons as to how baby yoga is considered a responsible parenting strategy and why moms as well as dads should sign up to try out this highly-beneficial and productive activity with their babies.
Benefits for the Baby
Ideal Sleeping Patterns
Lack of sleep is a common problem among parents of newborns. Babies are easily woken up during the wee hours of the morning, necessitating parents to feed them or sing them a lullaby to sleep yet again. Not only do parents suffer from this problem, but the growth and development of babies slows down due to lack of sleep.
The movements taught in mom and baby yoga classes perfectly mimic the relaxing and soothing motion that newborns used to experience in utero. Babies respond well to beginner yoga movements as they gently induce calmness, thus resulting in longer and better quality of sleep among babies.
Better Progress in Physical Growth and Development
Movements, poses, and relaxation techniques that babies can perform during baby yoga classes help in enhancing their motor skills and development. Babies and toddlers that attend yoga classes with their mothers are faster in achieving developmental milestones when compared alongside those who do not attend baby yoga lessons.
The movements and positioning performed by babies and are accordingly positioned by mommies help in strengthening core body muscles and improve their flexibility.
Better Digestive Patterns
Tension-buildup in and around the abdominal region are relieved through yoga classes. Movements as well as massages stimulate the digestive system into working properly, minimizing chances if developing colic, diarrhea, and constipation in newborns.
Benefits for the Parents
- Develop good posture and regain strength for mothers
- Optimum relaxation and form of recreation for parents and caregivers
- Increased bonding time and fun experience with newborn
- Promotes stress relief
- Tone and sculpt the core muscles
Baby Yoga Studios In Toronto
Most Yoga studios in Toronto offer baby yoga classes as an extension of their pre-natal Yoga program. The warmest and coziest yoga studios in Toronto are best suited for calming and soothing both the young and the old. In addition, these studios are staffed with instructors who are more than knowledgeable in teaching fun and safe yoga movements that parents can do with their newborn children.
NuBaby Toronto - Itsy Bitsy Yoga - This specialty studio offers various classes for babies.
- Baby Sign Language - WeeHands, which teaches you how to communicate with your baby using American Sign Language, vocabulary and songs.
- Baby Yoga - involves basic yoga movements with your baby using songs and rhymes.
- Infant Massage - learn the advantages and different strokes for massaging your baby. You receive a free bottle of massage oil to use.
- Parachute Play - engages children in fun group exercise activities for coordination and muscle development.
Yoga Sanctuary - Mom & Baby Yoga - involves deepening the bonding experience with your baby with yoga postures for new moms with newborns or crawling babies.
Toronto Yoga Mamas - is a community that supports the spirit of yoga through stretching and breathing with your baby.
Yoga Goddess - offers baby yoga classes to connect you with the changes that your body goes through with your new child.
- Top 10 Yoga Studios in Toronto Video
- See the top 10 yoga studios in Toronto that are worth checking out. Each studio offers a different experience. Some are hot, and some are not, but there is something for everyone.
- 7 Yoga Postures for Pregnancy
- The practice of yoga during pregnancy can not only keep you physically fit, but also mentally prepared for the birth. Here are some yoga postures to help alleviate pregnancy discomforts.
- See more tagged in Toronto.
- Toronto Yoga Map
- Hot Yoga in Toronto
- Yoga Wear in Toronto
- Karma Yoga in Toronto
- Yoga Apparel in Toronto
- Best Hot Yoga in Toronto
- Is Yoga Expensive in Toronto?
- Yoga Trend for Men in Toronto
- Cheap Yoga Classes in Toronto
- First Hot Yoga Class in Toronto
- Family Yoga Classes in Toronto
- How Bikram Yoga Saved My Life
- Toronto Health Food Store Map
- Top 10 Yoga Studios in Toronto
- Yoga for Weight Loss in Toronto
- Is Toronto Becoming More Spiritual?
- The Search for the Perfect Yoga Mat
- Magic Behind Number 26, Bikram Yoga
- Break Bad Habits with Yoga in Toronto
- Yoga for the Pregnant Women of Toronto