What is Perspiration?
Written by Hersko Therapeutic Natural Skin Care.
Perspiration is comprised of water, salts and wastes and is part of the human excretory system.
The perspiration process is a primary element of the body heat control mechanism. In hot weather or during strenuous physical activity, the flow of perspiration increases. As perspiration evaporates, the body is cooled.
Perspiration odor is caused by the presence of bacteria on the surface of the skin which decompose the fatty acids present in perspiration fluid.
The amount and intensity of perspiration odor is result of several factor:
- Individual body chemistry
- Nutrition and eating habits
- Physical activity
- Emotional stress
- Environmental conditions
How can we Fight Perspiration Odor?
There are two kinds of odor fighters available in various application forms: cream, stick, roll-on, spray and stone.
Allow the body to perspire normally. Prevent perspiration odor by killing odor causing bacteria in the underarm area, or by using heavy perfumes to mask unpleasant perspiration odors.
Prevent perspiration itself by clogging sweat glands with aluminum salts and/or additional harsh chemicals which block the flow of perspiration.
Health hazards Posed by Deodorants and Antiperspirants
Antiperspirants Interfere with Bodily Functions
No perspiration - no perspiration odor!
- Cooling effect on the body - As mentioned above, the body perspires in order to cool itself.
- Excretion of metabolic wastes - water, salts and urea.
Though most antiperspirants contain harsh chemicals, regardless of their chemical composition, antiperspirants by definition constrict pores so that they can't release perspiration. As a result, the body cannot do it's job - body temperature remains high and some toxins remain inside the body.
Toxins are Deposited Near the Lymph Nodes
Toxins do not just disappear - The body deposits some of them in the lymph nodes below the armpits - an essential part of the body's immune system - as the body is unable to sweat them out. Once in the lymph nodes these toxins can re-enter the circulatory (blood) system.
Antiperspirants and Deodorants Contain Harsh Potentially Dangerous Chemicals
Most deodorants and antiperspirants on the market today contain either harsh chemicals linked by some to major health hazards: By depositing concentrations of these chemicals near the lymph nodes, people may be exposed to increased risk of serious health problems.
Lavilin - The Healthy Deodorant
- Works on the skin's surface to prevent perspiration odor at the source - by killing odor causing bacterias. Provides long lasting, effective prevention against perspiration odor.
- Lets the body do it's job - Does not interfere with normal bodily functions. Temperature control and excretory mechanism perform naturally.
- Contains neither aluminum or triclosan.
- Contains plant extracts which serve as anti-bacterial agents.
- Absorbs dampness and moisture for a balanced, pleasant, dry and fresh feeling!
Visit www.hersko.ca to learn more about the benefits of Hersko Therapeutic Natural Skin Care products.
- See more tagged in health.
- Read more of Hersko Natural Skin Care.
- Deodorant Health Hazards
- Skin Care for Cold Weather
- Hands - A Sign of Good Grooming
- How to Stay Young through Yoga
- 6 Yoga Poses to Look Younger
- 7 Foods To Improve Your Mood
- 10 Healthy Summer Cleanse Foods
- Natural Ways to Prevent Wrinkles
- Natural Indian beauty Secrets
- 4 Beauty Secrets for the Eyes
- Trace Minerals from the Sea
- Headache - Get Relief Now
- Natural Skin Care Recipes
- Back to Basics Skin Care
- Daily Skin Care for Men
- 101 Health Quotes
- 101 Karma Quotes
- Epsom Salt Bath
- Colour Healing