Relaxing to Sleep
Written by Vera Del Vecchio.
In the age of Aquarius you shall not follow any trend other than the one that makes you graceful and divine, and makes you identify yourself into contentment and prosperity.
The following routine can help you fall asleep more quickly, sleep more soundly, and ensure a more rejuvenating sleep.
Exercise. Do some yoga and meditation to help relax the body and process the stresses of the day.
No big meals. It is easier on the liver and digestion if you have not eaten a heavy meal for at least two hours. Neither is it is good idea to go to bed too hungry, since this may wake you up in the middle of the night.
Comb your hair down with a wooden comb.
Do your bathroom routine. Void the urine. Brush your teeth and clean the mucus from the throat until the eyes begin to water.
Drink a glass of water.
Wash your feet with cold water, rub them with a coarse towel, and massage them with almond oil. While doing this process, separate yourself from the world and tune yourself into the One Creative Cosmic Power.
Make sure your room is dark, unless it is a full moon - no light from any sources if possible. Your bed. It is best for your back and for proper sleep to use a firm bed, and bedding of natural fabric. Have your bed facing east/west, so that you are not aligned with the earth's magnetic field.
Lie down on your back and start long deep breathing, consciously relaxing and letting go.
Turn onto your right side as you relax into sleep, so that you are breathing through your left nostril, which brings a calming and cooling effect on the body and brain. It also relaxes the heart and lets the stomach and small intestine drain as you sleep.
As soon as the breath becomes regular and slow, you will go quickly through the preliminary stages of sleep and almost immediately reach the deep dreamless sleep state, avoiding the energy draining dream stage altogether. Plus you'll be able to come back out of deep sleep more easily and gracefully when it's time to wake up.
- Yoga for Insomnia Video
- VIDEO - Insomnia is a common problem these days. Practicing restorative yoga postures before going to bed can help cure insomnia and give you a good nights sleep. Here are some postures that will calm your nerves and induce deep sleep.
- Yoga Before Bedtime Video
- VIDEO - Here are 6 yoga postures that you can practice in your own bed to help you fall asleep at night. These postures will help relax you, release stress, and calm you down so you can get a good nights sleep.
- Yoga Stretches in Bed Video
- VIDEO - Your bed is a wonderful and comfortable space to practice yoga. Here are some yoga stretches that you can practice on your bed. This is great for travellers who want a nice stretch from head to toe.
- Read more of Vera Del Vecchio.
- Original Yoga Sheep Skin Mat
- Black Tourmaline & Evil Eye
- Meaning Behind Your Name
- 5 Foods to Cure Insomnia
- 101 Yogi Bhajan Quotes
- Power of Your Thoughts
- Setting your Intention
- Yoga Stretches in Bed
- Yoga Before Bedtime
- Yoga and Buddhism
- Power of Meditation
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- 2012 Survival Plan
- 101 Sleep Quotes
- 101 Karma Quotes
- 101 Yoga Quotes
- Yoga for Insomnia
- Restorative Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga