Meditation To Feel Happier at Work
Written by Henry Veno.
Seeking for some happiness in your bustling lifestyle? There's nothing better than meditation. It is one of the best ways to strike down stress and solicitousness.
Let’s be frank. Many of us correlate work with stress, anxiety, and grief. But, holding all these negative points in mind won't work in any case. Be it achieving a productive outcome or to maintain health, it becomes indispensable to do meditation for keeping yourself happy and motivated at the workplace.
Meditation brings in oodles of physical and mental health benefits. It immensely soothes the mind and releases several happy hormones that help you in boosting mood. If you feel happy, then results at the workplace would be definitely positive.
Wondering how? Here are 5 ways to feel happier at your workplace:
Brings in more Positivity
When you kick off your day with deep, focused meditation, all the negative chunks flowing in the head would be evacuated. As a result, only positive vibes are left in the mind. These vibes help to calm the mind and improve the better functioning of it. Due to this elimination of skepticism, the entire day would be positive enough and that would greatly affect your work.
Meditation is a practice to relax mind which includes deep breathes. When the mind gets relaxed and full attention is devoted to inhaling and exhaling, there is no space for any kind of worries. This reduction of worries sharpens the mind that improves memory. This improvement makes you more efficient to remember all the work affairs clearly, positively affecting the productivity of the work.
Stress leads you towards inviting many health issues such as depression, blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases, insomnia and much more. So it becomes essential to make a control on the stress for maintaining sound health. For this purpose, nothing is more effective than meditation. This is because it is considered to be one of the fastest ways to wipe out stress and anxiety.
When you are less worried about the work, there are more chances that aging hits you slowly. As a result, it won’t only help you in alleviating stress and focusing on the work, but also it slows down the aging process.
While working, there arise many phases when definite decisions are to be taken. But, sometimes people fail in it as loads of stress in their mind obstructs the procedure. Due to this reason, perplexity is what flows around.
Clarity of mind can be increased through meditation, as it reduces stress which eventually results in placidity of mind. Eventually, it allows you to perform well in the works.
When there is peace of mind and it is calmed, all the emotions wavering inside your head gets relaxed. For this purpose, meditation is used to maintain a balance between all the emotions. Therefore, it becomes easy to cope up with an overflow of any particular emotions such as anger which would adversely affect the quality of work.
Changing the world or changing mindset of others is not in our control. But, self-improvement is definitely possible to enhance the way we think, the way we interpret other things and the way we concentrate on the work.
Meditation is one of the best medications to maintain mental health. Simply sparing 10-20 minutes a day for meditation would work wonders in revamping your personality, resulting in productive outcome at work.
Take an inspiration from these points and ensure you practice meditation regularly without any breaks in between.
Henry Veno is a fitness and a healthy diet addict. A Failed Chef turned adventurer and writer. He’s a tech geek and loves to explore latest happenings around the world.
- Seated Meditation by the Sea Video
- Studies have shown that it doesn't matter much how you meditate, just as long as you do it regularly. This seated yoga meditation by the ocean in Tel Aviv, Israel will surely relax you and increase your patience and endurance.
- Candle Gazing Meditation Video
- Candle Gazing Meditation (known as Tratak) strengthens your physical eyes and the nerve centres in your forehead. It's also a powerful psychic cleanser of the ajna chakra, the 'third eye', and promotes intense concentration.
- Breathing Meditation Video
- Here is a breathing meditation exercise that uses your breath to calm your mind. Try to sit for at least 20-30 minutes a day, keeping your mind completely focused on your breath.
- OM Meditation Video
- The chanting of 'OM' has a positive effect on your nervous system. Here is an OM Meditation to help awaken latent physical and mental powers. OM is the original mantra, all other mantras exist in OM - which is the most abstract, highest mantra.
- Letting Go Meditation Video
- This meditation will help you to let go of negative tendencies and tensions. Take in joy. Experience the grace that arises in your mind after it has been purified through concentrated effort. Steady and consistent practice is important - so practise daily.
- Chakra Meditation Video
- Here is a chakra meditation exercise to bring awareness to your higher energy centres. This meditation is most helpful when you reinforce it with a regular yoga asana practice, self-analysis and positive activities throughout the day.
- Anusara Yoga
- Art of Breathing
- 101 Yoga Quotes
- 101 Karma Quotes
- 101 Spiritual Quotes
- 101 Awareness Quotes
- 101 Meditation Quotes
- Learning to Let Go
- Yoga and Buddhism
- Yoga of Meditation
- Beginner's Mind Yoga
- Setting your Intention
- The Many Faces of Yoga
- Cheap Yoga in Toronto
- Keeping a Light Heart
- Clearing away negativity
- A Yogic & Holistic Perspective
- Earth Web: We are all connected