Karma Yoga in Toronto
Many yoga studios in Toronto are now offering karma yoga classes. These yoga classes are run by donations. Usually to a good cause or charity that needs funds at the time.
I've been attending karma classes at a few studios for the past few years. There tends to be a spiritual feel to the class, as you're sending out great energy to a good cause. Usually at the beginning of a yoga class, you are told to set an intention for the practice.
Karma means "to do," action without any intention for reward. Sending out a non-selfish intention in order to help others is what good karma is all about.
More and more people are attending these classes, as the trend is catching on, and the price is right. Donating $5 to $7 for a class is an affordable price. Just be sure to arrive early to catch a spot. Karma yoga is definitely something to feel good about.
Here are some quotes that I find very inspiring, directly from The Bhagavad Gita. They were translated by: Swami Shivananda, who was a spiritual leader and author of over 200 books. His teachings about non-selflish action have been spread all over the world.
He who sees inaction in action and action in inaction,
he is wise among men; he is a Yogi and performer of all actions.
Gita, Ch. 4, Verse 18.
For, verily the true nature of action (enjoined by the scriptures) should be known, also (that) of forbidden
(or unlawful) action, and of inaction; hard to understand is the nature (path) of action.
Gita, Ch.4, Verse 17.
He whose undertakings are all devoid of desires and (selfish) purposes, and whose actions have been burnt
by the fire of knowledge, -him the wise call a sage.
Gita, Ch.3, Verse 19.
Having abandoned attachment to the fruits of actions,
ever content, depending on nothing, he does not do anything though engaged in activity.
Gita, Ch.4, Verse 20.
To one who is devoid of attachment, who is liberated,
whose mind is established in knowledge, who works for the sake of sacrifice
(for the sake of God), the whole action is dissolved.
Gita, Ch.4, Verse 23.
Here are some yoga studios in Toronto that offer karma yoga classes that I highly recommend. These classes are also great for beginners, as an introduction to yoga. Check out their schedule for weekly times.
- Moksha Yoga - http://mokshayoga.ca.
- Bikram Yoga Toronto - http://www.bikramtoronto.com.
- Meditation Toronto - http://www.meditationtoronto.com.
- Yoga Therapy Toronto - http://yogatherapytoronto.com.
- Breath Yoga Studio - http://www.breatheyogastudio.com.
- The Union Yoga Center - http://www.theunionyogacenter.ca.
The point is to create a system where individuals don't work simply for money or personal gain but to support the planet and its inhabitants in entering the next stage of evolutionary progression.
Spiritual Liberation - Michael Bernard Beckwith
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- Top 10 Yoga Studios in Toronto Video
- VIDEO - See the top 10 yoga studios in Toronto that are worth checking out. Each studio offers a different experience. Some are hot, and some are not, but there is definitely something for every yoga enthusiast.
- See more tagged in Toronto.
- 101 Karma Quotes
- 101 Yoga Quotes
- Toronto Yoga Map
- Hot Yoga in Toronto
- Baby Yoga in Toronto
- Yoga Wear in Toronto
- Yoga Apparel in Toronto
- Best Hot Yoga in Toronto
- Is Yoga Expensive in Toronto?
- Yoga Trend for Men in Toronto
- Cheap Yoga Classes in Toronto
- First Hot Yoga Class in Toronto
- Family Yoga Classes in Toronto
- How Bikram Yoga Saved My Life
- Toronto Health Food Store Map
- Top 10 Yoga Studios in Toronto
- Yoga for Weight Loss in Toronto
- Is Toronto Becoming More Spiritual?
- The Search for the Perfect Yoga Mat
- Magic Behind Number 26, Bikram Yoga
- Break Bad Habits with Yoga in Toronto
- Yoga for the Pregnant Women of Toronto